15U pitching staff leads way to sweep of Mets
Team Ontario 15u defeated Toronto Mets 15u 7-0 on Saturday as two pitchers combined to throw a shutout.
Julian Robertson earned the victory on the pitcher's mound for Team O, allowing two hits and zero runs over four innings, striking out four and walking one.
Parent threw two innings out of the bullpen, striking out three and giving up just one hit.
- Team O was able to put three runs on the board in the fifth inning. Bradley Stoner and Matthew Marsh all moved runners across the plate with RBIs in the inning. Marsh, Luke Glenn, Darcy Carter, Chris Tassopoulos, Stoner, and Lucas Trivedi each collected one hit to lead the team.
Early Lead For Team Ontario 15u Sets Stage For Victory Over Toronto Mets 15u
- Team Ontario jumped out to an early lead on its way to an 8-2 victory over Toronto Mets on Saturday. Team O scored on a sacrifice fly by Darcy Carter in the first inning, a walk by Timothy Nobrega in the second inning, and a fielder's choice by Tyler Parent in the second inning.
- The Astros notched three runs in the sixth inning, led by Charlie Hughes and Carter who knocked in all runs scored in the inning.
- Matthew Marsh took the win for Team O, going four and two-thirds innings, allowing one hit and two runs while striking out six and walking one. Carter threw two and a third innings in relief out of the bullpen allowing no hits, striking out two and walking one.
- Team O had 11 hits in the game. Jericho Johns Morris and Hughes all collected multiple hits. Johns Morris led the way with three hits in three at bats.